Thursday, December 3, 2009

Conclusion of Catholic Validity

Throughout this blog, I have learned so much about the faith of approximately 1.5 billion people worldwide. Even though I have attended Catholic Church from kindergarten to my senior year in high school, I still had many questions about this faith and quite a few misunderstandings. I thought that the Catholic Church was homophobic, completely dismissing the idea of gays and lesbians. I was under the impression that chastity was merely a teaching taught by adults who were afraid of their teenagers getting pregnant or developing sexually transmitted diseases. I was convinced that the Church was sexist and did not want full rights for women. And I was sure that I could get no meaning or purpose out of going to Church.

My opinion was greatly shifted from these interpretations. I now understand the motives behind the Church speaking out about homosexuals and the reasons why priests and others encourage church attendance. I greatly appreciate those who take the vow of chastity and wait until marriage to have a full commitment with their partner and God, Himself. More simply, I have understood, that despite the misunderstandings, Catholics really and truly want the best for all people. They want others to be able to experience in loving and respectful relationships, and they do not like to see others suffering from injustices around the world. Catholics are all about giving back to their community and promoting commonalities between the people of the world so that everyone can love and respect one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment